Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Stars In the Grass - Ann Marie Stewart

This is a story of loss told by a 9-year-old little girl in 1970. This is a time when I was growing up and experiencing losses in my family so a lot about this story is the same as mine and yet very different. I enjoyed the references to many of the things that were popular during that time -- toys, TV shows, etc. They brought back good memories to me. But, if you are younger and this is just a time in history, you will still like this book!

A loss in a family affects each member differently and how they cope and react affects the family as a whole. This is the basis of this family's story. You will want to read to the very end to see exactly how things turn out whether everything resolves and they move on or if they are irreparably broken. That is your job though to follow their paths and see where they end up. It is a charming and very sad but touching story. I will hold it in my thoughts for some time to come.

I read this through Netgalley and received an advance copy this is no way affects the review given for each and every book. I appreciate the opportunity to read new books through NetGalley to discover new authors to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment